The article explains how to create a proctored test, enable the manual rating of video recordings, and rate the test attempt.
To enable manual rating of the proctored test (i.e., request human review and grading of test-takers behavior during the exam), you must first enable proctoring mode as follows:
- Hover over the “Tests” in the main menu, select “New test” and start the Test Wizard.
- Reach the second step of Test Wizard – “Settings”.
- Tick the box next to the “Proctoring mode” option.
Complete the other steps (optionally attach a certificate, choose the test creation method and add questions). Then, in the sixth step “Grading”:
- Check the “Require positive proctoring report “ option.
After the test manager opens a video recording in a proctoring software and rates the test attempt, a proctored test report will be resolved.
The proctoring software allows rating a test as positive, negative, or not rated status, and it generates a PDF report of the candidate’s behavior during the proctored test.
Note: If the “Require positive proctoring report” option is checked, the positive proctoring report will be required to pass the test. Otherwise, the test can not be graded positively.
Resolving the proctored test report
To preview the recording of a proctored test, and resolve the test report, hover over the “Tests” in the main menu, select “Manage tests” and click on the name of the proctored test whose reports you want to rate.
- Then, navigate to the “Monitoring” tab.
- Choose the candidate whose attempt you want to review and rate.
- Click on the “Camera” icon to open the video recording and proctoring report.
Now you are redirected to the proctoring software. Then you can:
- Watch the recording of the whole test-taking process.
- Rate the proctored test session.
- Download a proctored report as a PDF file.
To rate the proctored test session, click the “Rate” button, and a pop-up window will be opened.
In the pop-up window, you can perform the following actions:
- Click the “Not rated” button to leave the proctored session unrated.
- Click the “Positive” button to rate the proctored session as positive (e.g., if the candidate behaved according to the defined rules and did not cheat).
- Click the “Negative” button to rate the proctored session as negative (e.g., if the candidate did not behave according to the defined rules and cheated on the exam).
- Optionally, enter your comment to justify the rate.
- Click the checkmark icon to save the changes.
Note: In the case when there is a required positive proctoring report, a session must be rated as a “Positive” to pass the test.
Below you can preview the personal report from the perspective of a test manager and the perspective of a candidate.
The resolved personal report from the test manager perspective
You can notice that the result of the test is “Passed” and that the Proctoring report conclusion is “Positive.”
The resolved personal report from the candidate’s perspective
For a video tutorial on how to create and monitor proctored tests, please watch the video.
For more related instructional materials, please visit: